Here are some conversations, interviews and articles that caught our attention during the week ending May 27, 2011.
Our suggestions this week:
- Charles Fishman, journalist and author of “The Big Thirst,” (affiliate link) was a guest on Minnesota Public Radio’s Midmorning earlier this week. Fishman also wrote the book “The Wal-Mart Effect” several years ago. You can listen to this conversation/interview here.
- Comedian and late night talk show host Jimmy Fallon was a guest on Fresh Air earlier this week. I’m usually not up late enough to catch his show, but I found the interview fun to listen to. You can listen to it here.
- Tuesday, May 24, 2011 was the 70th birthday of Bob Dylan, one of the most admired and influential artists of our time – and he happens to be from Minnesota. You can listen to a wonderful documentary on the life and times of Dylan here.
From The Conversation Hub podcast
- Episode 53: Our conversation with Mike Simons, founder and executive director of The Intonation Music Workshop, Chicago’s version of the school of rock!
From the Archives:
- Episode 32: In time for summer, our conversation with Naked Bicycles’ Sam Whittingham.
On a side note:
If you like instrumental piano music and are inclined to support independent music, please take a few moments to check out my project on Kickstarter and consider pre-ordering a copy of my new CD titled Simple Things!
Be well and have a great weekend!